It was a fun Valentine's weekend. On Friday we attended a homeschooler Valentine's roller skating party at Classic Skating. It was busy and bustling place with skates and scooters and strollers and rollerblades and other wheel vehicles (that Kortney and Nathan were NOT fond of).
Saturday Seth had the idea to make a "candy card" (but not with "candy") for the kids to surprise them on valentine's morning. So, while he worked Saturday at USSynthetics, I stayed up and made it. It was definitely a late night cheesy thing. Kortney earned a privilege by being good to go to a BYU basketball game with Grandpa & Grandma Higginson on Saturday. When they came back from the game, they stayed to visit and Tylan & Millie loved playing "popcorn" with Grandpa.
On Sunday we let the kids enjoy their Valentine's card. It was a good regular Sunday. Then in the evening Kortney & Nathan went through their Faith in God books.
Monday
Today is President's Day. It was a different day. Seth chose to work this holiday to help earn some money for our family. So he worked from 7 AM to 3:30 PM. I went to my good friend, Amy Allen's little newborn's funeral. Wow. It was amazing. Amy and her husband, Jeff, were so strong in testimony and faith and had so much poise and confidence. The funeral really was a wonderful experience. While I was gone, all the kids went with Grandma Higginson to her house. She said they behaved themselves exceptionally well. It made me happy (and Grandma too!).
Kids
All did their music practicing, then at Grandma's house they read books, did journal writing, spelling, math, some did history, watched some of the ice skating in the Olympics, and watched "The Bee Movie" (which I still haven't seen yet). Grandma also asked Nathan to play his accordion for her ward "Rotating Dinner" party this Saturday and he is soooooo excited.
FAMILY NIGHT
The kids were very excited to have Family Night at NIGHT instead of the afternoon. Kortney gave the lesson on repentance and the atonement. It was very nice. We had yummy "vacation cake" (as the kids call it) for a treat (raw carob cake-like stuff). We got Millie & Tylan bathed and sleeping and then we all watched more Olympics and ate popcorn.
Mom
I am an official "Curves" member and loving it! I am going around 5:30 AM so that no one will even know that I was gone. I learned a lot from the funeral today. Life is a celebration and something to rejoice in, no matter what the length.


No comments:
Post a Comment